Website ICAV Cluster
Vehicle Integration Engineer:
Up to £70K Per Annum + Bonus + Training + Benefits + Share options
Our client is a deep tech driverless vehicle start-up that are building the next generation mobility and connectivity platforms for the safe integration of Driverless vehicles into the existing transport network. Due to recent project wins they are growing their technical teams.
Their full-stack platform is vehicle agnostic, highly scalable, and built on patented award-winning and world-leading machine learning algorithms. They utilise cutting-edge technology in IoT, Big Data, AI and ML to maximise user experience and accessibility, improve productivity and minimise environmental impact for our clients.
They are on a mission to find the very best people to be part of their success and join the driverless revolution that will transform the world.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Vehicle Integration Engineer will Lead and drive forward the definition and implementation of a vehicle x-by-wire interface that will be used to intergrate with a vehicle automation platform. The x-by-wire solution will be designed to be configurable across a number of target vehicles. The role is not just about developing the software but also about defining and integrating the electro-mechanical mechanisms and interfaces with existing vehicle systems (e.g. introducing epas, e-braking etc).
Their approach is to be technology agnostic and as such the role may involve integrating third-party functions with their stack, to provide an improved automation implementation. This role requires significant existing knowledge as well as a keen passion and enthusiasm to work as a team on one of the most exciting technical challenges of our era.
- Defining the modular x-by-wire architecture (VCU) that may be implemented in many different vehicle types
- Driving forward and leading the development of the vehicle control module that provides the VCU interface to the vehicle
- Ensuring vehicle modifications are undertaken to install relevant x-by-wire components
- Software development of VCU functions (coding & testing)
- Adherence to appropriate development processes necessary for ConAV functions
- Lead testing of x-by-wire implementation to ensure it is safe, reliable and operates as designed
- Ensure safety assessment for VCU is undertaken and system meets safety goals
- Identify physical hardware architecture to realise VCU
Additional Support Roles:
- Support identification and sourcing of viable supply chain for VCU by the Technical Director
- Support integration/installation of VCU into vehicle platforms
- Support engagement with niche vehicle OEMs to understand vehicle characteristics and identify configuration/customisation of VCU solutions for their needs
- Maintain awareness of potential new suppliers/Technologies that can improve our VCU offering
- X-by-wire technical expertise
- Vehicle integration
- Experienced in requirements, specification and design
- Experienced with automotive safety engineering
- Experienced automotive embedded software engineering
- Client and supplier engagement
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with AI techniques (optimisation, machine learning, etc)
- Familiarity with sensor fusion and vehicle automation
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
They offer a great package that includes training, development, succession planning, a structured career path to grow and a healthy bonus and shareoptions related to hitting key personal and company milestones.
If joining a growing cutting-edge technology organisation with great prospects in an emerging £billion sector and working with a brilliant motivated team appeals to you, get in touch with us now.
The right candidate will be asked to start immediately.