Managers enjoy working with people, are effective at building relationships, and strive for crisp, clear communication. An ability to guide and teach our customers, while driving to collect input needed to stay on schedule is an especially important skill given our rapid growth amongst customers implementing Autonomous Guided Vehicle (AGV) systems for the first time. As your experience with AGV systems grows, you will influence product development and the investments we make to differentiate our product line.
Technical Skills Required:
- Ability to manage technical projects in a cutting-edge technology development company.
- Ability to make technical input & to do hand on engineering tasks if required.
- Ability to engage with technical engineering teams
- Ability to understand complex systems.
- Practical hands-on knowledge of ISO 26262.
- Experience in agile development
- Proficient in MS Office and project management tools (e.g., Gantt charts, open items matrix, etc.)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Background & Knowledge in one or more of self-driving vehicles, automotive, or robotics.
- Understanding of automotive best practice.
- Experience using PC-based ERP system preferred, but not required
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build effective working relationships
- Willing to travel anytime including overseas as needed.
- As a Technical Project Manager, alongside working over project documentation this role will require your technical input and your ability to do hand on engineering tasks as required.
- Work alongside the functional team leads to ensure we meet our delivery milestones that lead to a safe and robust product release.
- Manage customer scope of work to ensure that expectations and all contractual terms and conditions are met or exceeded
- Coordinate design and build activities and ensure standards and common practices are followed
- Monitor and manage all risks that may impact project quality, schedule, or costs
- Lead regular internal and external meetings to report progress, status, and resolve issues.
- Understand current and future business goals and ongoing IT issues to ensure business success.
- Write and verbally communicate professionally with both internal and external stakeholders
- Travel to customer sites as needed to gather information and oversee system install and start-up
- Help steer product development efforts based on experience and feedback from customers
- Coach, teach, and develop talent within the company.
- Establishes a formal process for controlling changes to project scope according to the project’s principles and communicates this to the project stakeholders.
- Enables leaders to govern with confidence, making timely decisions using high quality management information
- Motivates the project team and ensure the right blend of skills and personalities with business consulting
- Manage all aspects of the project to reach project success based on the project goal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive, and positive. Having a passion for exceptional customer service and support is a must. Being sensitive to the unpredictable demands and uncertainties associated with customer service is a requisite to delivering superior results and exceeding the expectations of very demanding customers.
- Experience with manufacturing process engineering, mechanical design, and automated systems
- Prefer strong self-driving vehicles, automotive, or robotics experience.
- 6+ years of experience as an IT professional
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in an IT Department.