Our client is a leading UK driverless vehicle and mobility company expanding internationally and on a mission to find the very best people to be part of our success and join the driverless revolution that will disrupt and transform the world of transport. Due to year on year growth they are recruiting an experienced Software Architect to join.
We are seeking a highly skilled software architect to lead our development team in creating software solutions that meet our clients’ needs. You will be responsible for communicating with clients to determine their requirements, creating comprehensive solution plans, and leading a team of software engineers as they develop polished final products. To be successful as a software architect, you should be an expert problem solver with a strong understanding of the broad range of software technologies and platforms available.
- Team Lead or relevant experience.
- In depth knowledge – Typescript, Node.JS (NestJS), MongoDb, React, GraphQL
- Conceptual knowledge – Design patterns, Redis, AWS, Azure IoT Hub, Docker, OpenAPI
Nice to have:
- Mobile app development, specifically Flutter
- AWS S3, C# (Avalonia)
- Inspire and motivate the team, as a genuine team player.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Ability to adapt in an environment where priorities evolve.
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working.
- Able to adjust approach and communication style in empathy with the audience, both in speaking and writing forms.
- Able to demonstrate courage and conviction to deliver better strategic outcomes
Technical Skills Required:
- To carry out or supervise design, testing and analysis work on research and customer projects
- To carry out fundamental research into new and existing technologies
- To design parts for development testing
- To liaise with program suppliers, internal and external customers
- To work together with analysis, design, development, controls and calibration engineers
- To analyse test results, prepare technical reports and create test plans
- To plan and supervise build and test activities across a variety of technologies
- To support the preparation of engineering program quotations
- To support in the preparation of technical papers and presentations
- Responsible for the quality of the test data, results analysis and reporting
- Participate in research programmes
- Contribute to planning of future research activities
Others Skills & Abilities:
- Work with other IT professionals in the company in order to determine needs for new software, platforms and applications
- Utilise tools, technology and various methodologies to create functional and intuitive solutions for user interfaces of desired products
- Develop and implement product specifications
- Pay attention to system integration, sustainability and feasibility
- Manage all phases of technology development
- Oversee and supervise the work of the development team
- Guide and train developers and engineers
- Suggest and implement solutions for process improvement
- Adhere to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, extensibility etc.
- Taking ownership of enterprise-wide initiatives and planning, documenting, implementing and maintaining software solutions
- Leading complex software design activities exploiting great knowledge of multiple technologies and planning, design and analysis methodologie s.
- Leading the design and documentation of the software development and integration process, e.g. Software Development Plan, Software Architecture Plan, Software Release Process etc.
- Owning initiatives to drive continuous improvement, innovation and technical excellence.
- Proactively setting the direction for use of new technologies and tools, and developing roadmaps which have the support of relevant stakeholders.
- Providing estimates for new work and internal projects, and contributing to the design, capture and presentation of meaningful metrics to track progress.
- Serving as organisation Software spokesperson on programs.
- Solve complicated technical problems across multiple platforms, applying best practices and standardized coding conventions for Quality assurance
- Working with the Team Lead, CTO and Project Manager, define Sprint requirements and deadlines.
- Develop prototypes and PoCs for trials.
- Generate detailed documentation including process flow and architecture diagrams