Our client is a leading UK driverless vehicle and mobility company expanding internationally and, on a mission, to find the very best people to be part of our success and join the driverless revolution that will disrupt and transform the world of transport. Due to year-on-year growth they are recruiting an experienced Simulation Lead.
- Leading a team of engineers to advance the whole simulation stack for an autonomous vehicle.
- The successful applicant will be responsible of creating an architecture of the whole simulation stack. The simulation stack should have commercial rendering quality in addition to close reality car model and road scenraios.
- Work closely with our research, test and robotics engineers to create simulation systems and visualization tools.
- Optimize the runtime and memory efficiency of the onboard Simulation software
- Document, review and maintain high-standard code.
- A proven record of leading team(s) (setting requirements, supporting and tracking progress for more junior team members) to deliver projects over a significant period of time.
- Good Grasp of the rendering, sampling and creating multiple objects in video games engines.
- Ability to model the real world – objects, systems and processes, in software.
- Experience in building simulation systems, video games or other real-time concurrent systems.
- Experience with writing efficient and performant software systems using C++
- Proven record of high-quality C++ and Python coding standards presented in industry or in field robotics
- Open to discussion and provide a well analyzed critical opinion in all areas related to perception.
Nice to have requirements:
- Worked with large codebases.
- Experience in ROS 1 & 2.
- Lead a team of internationals whether in office or online.
- Delivered a product/application/service to a customer (including business, internal or consumer customers).
- Knowledge of game and graphics engines such as Unreal or Unity3D.
- Previous experience with Carla or IPG simulations.
In return, you will get a great package that includes training, development, succession planning, a structured career path and a healthy bonus related to hitting key personal and company milestones.
If joining a growing cutting-edge technology organisation with great prospects in an emerging £billion sector and working with a brilliant motivated team appeals to you, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectations.