Website University of Warwick
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until 31 October 2022
WMG is looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager, to provide effective project management for projects within our High Value Manufacturing Catapult (HVMC) centre and for other WMG related R&D projects. Established by Innovate UK, here to bridge the gap between fundamental research and commercial reality, the Catapult centres help to turn great ideas into reality through access to world-class Research & Development facilities and expertise that would otherwise be out of reach for many businesses in the UK.
Your role will be responsible for ensuring that projects run smoothly and to a high standard, fulfilling all requirements of the collaborating companies and funding bodies, leading to high quality research outputs and industrial impact. As part of WMG’s Project Management Organisation, you will play a key role in co-ordinating a suite of HVMC funded projects within the themes of digital technologies, advanced manufacturing and materials. You will support the delivery of individual projects, preparation and completion of project documentation and reports as well as contributing to the continuous development of the PMO. You will support projects through their lifecycle, from initial planning, through delivery, to exploitation.
You will have experience of working in a relevant R&D or industrial environment, along with an excellent standard of written and spoken English including a demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and application documents.
In return we will provide a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
At WMG we are committed to supporting staff to achieve their potential. We currently hold the Athena SWAN Silver Award, and the University of Warwick holds an Institutional Silver Award: a national initiative that recognizes the advancement of gender equality, representation, progression, and success for all in academia. We are supportive of staff with caring responsibilities including a generous maternity/paternity/adoption/parental leave policy, and onsite childcare facilities. We will consider applications for employment on a part-time or other flexible working basis, even where a position is advertised as full-time, unless there are operational or other objective reasons why it is not possible to do so.
To provide Project Management and administrative support for a portfolio of research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide project management support for a portfolio of projects, to ensure that the projects achieve their objectives, communicate the findings and operate within budget and resource constraints, including the provision of monitoring and reporting of activities to all stakeholders and to ensure overall successful delivery.
· Operational management of the project(s) on a day-to-day basis, including staff resource, budgets, and the implementation and maintenance of detailed project plans.
· Organising meetings with stakeholders for each project, co-ordinating with internal and external collaborators to ensure an organised approach, including: making practical arrangements for meetings, preparing agenda and papers and minute taking, and the identification of issues, escalating where necessary to keep the project plan on track.
· Responsibility for communication, including production and circulation of reports, establishment and management of the project website, developing press releases and co-ordinating with WMG Marketing.
· Ensuring legal compliance through the co-ordination of IP protection by ensuring non-disclosure agreements and collaboration agreements are in place where necessary.
2. Coordination of WMG workstreams which may involve interactions with staff at the different institutions that are members of the consortium. Ensuring effective information flow.
3. To monitor the project budgets through the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets and co-ordination with WMG Finance team. To report on the financial health of the project(s) through regular monitoring of the budget; facilitate planning; support decisions with recommendations; advising the P.I. of any issues in a timely manner & implementing direction received.
4. To represent WMG externally through the arrangement of, and attendance at, conferences, seminars and other events related to research projects.
5. To liaise with current and potential industrial partners associated with research projects.
6. To contribute to new proposals under development, including bids for research funding from government, EU and industrial sources. This may involve coordinating with potential partners, researching current progress in these areas and compiling information in support of the bid submission.
7. To ensure that projects meet governance requirements and comply with appropriate legislation and funding body requirements (e.g. timesheets completed by staff if required, any reporting deadlines met)