Website ICAV Cluster
Principal Engineer – Safety:
£50K-70K Per Annum + Bonus + Training + Benefits
Conigital are a deep tech driverless vehicle start-up that are building the next generation mobility and connectivity platforms for the safe integration of Driverless vehicles into the existing transport network.
Our full-stack platform is vehicle agnostic, highly scalable, and built on patented award-winning and world-leading machine learning algorithms. We utilise cutting-edge technology in IoT, Big Data, AI and ML to maximise user experience and accessibility, improve productivity and minimise environmental impact for our clients.
We are on the mission to find the very best people to be part of our success and join the driverless revolution that will transform the world.
Reporting to the CTO, the Principal Engineer- Safety will develop and integrate all the safety functionality for our vehicle automation solution. Our intent is to use an external organisation to lead the definition of the safety goals and validate the implementation of the safety functionality.
Our approach is to be technology agnostic and as such the role may involve integrating third-party functions with our own to provide an improved automation implementation.
This role requires significant existing knowledge as well as a keen passion and enthusiasm to work as a team on one of the most exciting technical challenges of our era.
- Supporting the definition of the safety goals for the automation system (with an external third party)
- Leading development and integration of the vehicle automation safety system
- Software development of safety functionality (coding & testing)
- Adherence to appropriate development processes necessary for ConAV functions
- Support testing of safety implementation to ensure it is safe, reliable and operates as designed
- Identify physical hardware architecture to realise safety functionality
Additional Support Roles:
- Support identification and sourcing of a viable supply chain for safety systems by the Technical Director
- Support engagement with niche vehicle OEMs to understand vehicle characteristics and identify configuration/customisation of safety solutions for their needs
- * Support integration/installation of safety systems into vehicle platforms
- Support integration of safety systems with other automation sub-systems
- Maintain awareness of potential new suppliers/technologies that can improve our safety offering
- 26262 or 61508 safety expertise
- Functional safety experience
- Vehicle integration
- Experienced in requirements, specification and design
- Experienced automotive embedded software engineering
- Experienced with automotive safety engineering
- Client and supplier engagement
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with AI techniques (optimisation, machine learning, etc.)
- Familiarity with sensor fusion and vehicle automation
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
If joining a growing cutting-edge technology organisation with great prospects in an emerging £billion sector and working with a brilliant motivated team appeals to you, get in touch with us now.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org