Job Description –
1. To ensure the Department for Transport (DfT) and Connected Places Catapult (CPC) Collaborative Programme of transport research and innovation runs smoothly and effectively.
2. Using CPC Governance processes, the Portfolio Manager will complete quarterly reports, attend Stage Gate and Quarterly Review Meetings and Act as conduit between CPC and DfT Science team to resolve and manage any project issues proactively.
3. Working with individual Project Managers, the Portfolio Manager will ensure all projects meet the requirements of the Grant Funding Agreement, maintain a detailed view of the overall programme budget, monitor risk status and delivery plans and ensure new projects meet the GFA requirements whilst all projects are closed and disseminated appropriately.
4. To Ensure the Director of Project Management and CPC project sponsors are aware of risks, issues, future developments and trends to enable CPC to maintain its reputation and enable CPC to lever future funding opportunities appropriately.
- Maintain CPC established governance approach around our collaborative programmes of research and innovation activities with DfT, acting as conduit between CPC and DfT Science team to resolve and manage any project issues proactively
- Manage the process to specify and agree the annual programme of work. These must align with the stated DfT grant funding agreement and CPC Strategy as well as satisfying the criteria for selection into CPC’s pipeline
- Identify emerging opportunities for collaboration and ensure that CPC respond in a timely and professional manner
- Work closely with, and provide regular updates to, the Director of Project Management
- Proactively disseminate the outputs of the annual work programme to create awareness of the Programme and opportunities to participate
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the skills and capabilities within the Catapult so that new opportunities can be qualified
- Act a conduit between the agency and the CPC to assist in managing any issues as they may arise
- Work closely with PMO and PMO lead to ensure that CPC PM processes are adhered to across the DfT portfolio, in particular that monthly governance reporting is accurate, QA procedures followed and project closure reports and case studies produced.
- Produce the project delivery section for the DfT Summary Report and edit report end to end and raise quarterly invoice following formal quarterly review and track through to payment
- Provide general advice on the GFA to maintain compliance to contractual terms during the delivery of projects, updating Schedule One as required and arrange signature of revised agreement
- Monitoring Outputs and Outcomes expected at a portfolio level and assisting with data collection as appropriate
- Acting as point of contact for the Business Performance team in relation to external evaluation and facilitating inputs from the Project Managers and Department as required
Required skills and experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Significant complex programme experience
- Confidence to develop new relationships
- Strong business acumen
- Work with people with a variety of approaches
- Excellent Team Player, able to engage and work constructively across the business