Our client is a leading UK driverless vehicle and mobility company expanding internationally and, on a mission, to find the very best people to be part of our success and join the driverless revolution that will disrupt and transform the world of transport. They are looking for a Perception Lead Engineer for their Autonomous Vehicles R&D Team.
You will have real vehicles running in Coventry for testing. You will work with other team members to solve and integrate work from 3 different continents (Europe, Australia, Asia). The team is very diverse, and always look for people with high quality and good grasping of different domains in robotics and outside robotics. Team always urges You to design and give your opinion and request inquisitive, creative minds to solve our challenges.
- Leading a team of engineers to advance the whole perception stack for an autonomous vehicle.
- The successful applicant will be responsible of creating an architecture of the whole perception stack. The perception stack should utilise the best of each sensor (cameras, lidars, ultrasonic, etc..) in each ODD.
- Research, design and develop state-of-the-art algorithms in one or more areas of the Perception stack to ensure the vehicle has a concrete understanding of the surrounding road users, and furniture.
- Optimize the runtime and memory efficiency of the onboard Perception software
- Get inside the vehicle and see the results
- Document, review and maintain high-standard code.
- A proven record of leading team(s) (setting requirements, supporting and tracking progress for more junior team members) to deliver robotics or perception projects over a significant period of time.
- Good Grasp of the deep learning, computer vision, point cloud segmentation, image processing and AI algorithms.
- A solid understanding of the vision systems and sensors differences in hardware level as well as performance level.
- Proven record of high-quality C++ and Python coding standards presented in industry or in field robotics
- Open to discussion and provide a well analyzed critical opinion in all areas related to perception.
- Ability to lead state of the artwork in perception.
- Understanding of the physics of sensing technology for autonomous vehicles (i.e. Cameras, Lidar, Radar).
Nice to have:
- Masters or Doctorate in Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or related fields
- Worked with large codebases and large datasets
- Experience in ROS 1 & 2
- Lead a team of internationals whether in office or online.
- Delivered a product/application/service to a customer (including business, internal or consumer customers)
In return, they offer a great package that includes training, development, succession planning, a structured career path and a healthy bonus related to hitting key personal and company milestones.
If joining a growing cutting-edge technology organisation with great prospects in an emerging £billion sector and working with a brilliant motivated team appeals to you, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coventry, CV1 2HG: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)