We’re excited to offer an opportunity within thefutureworks who have been established as a Recruitment Agency in Coventry for 15 years and are subsidiary company of Coventry University.
Our growth plans have led us to more than double our team in the last few years and with substantial expansion to the delivery of people to the University and its group commercial divisions, as well as our external clients supplying temporary and permanent staffing solutions.
We’re now recruiting for an experienced Payroll Assistant to assist in supporting the payroll for our temporary agency workers, and someone who wants to join a professional and vibrant recruitment team.
Purpose of the Role:
This role will support in the administration, preparation and processing of a large weekly PAYE payroll. Due to very varied areas that we support across the Coventry University as well as our external clients, the role is highly interactive working closely with the consultants, widely communicating with our client contacts and our extensive temporary workforce, which makes for a rewarding and interesting working environment.
• Support in the full preparation and processing of thefutureworks Temporary Agency Workers weekly PAYE payroll in conjunction with the Payroll Supervisor, managing relationships
• Manage timesheet processing through online portal and support with submission queries
• Support processing payroll additions, i.e. expenses in line with HMRC guidelines, maternity pay, statutory sick pay, tax code updates, processing new starters/ leavers whilst ensuring all pre-approved supporting documentation records are maintained accurately for audit purposes.
• Administer HMRC notifications for tax adjustments, Tax Credit Payments, Student Loan Repayments and Court Orders, ensuring tax details for individuals are accurate and up to date.
• Assist in year end payroll process, P45 processing ensuring leavers are updated in line with HMRC guidelines and timescales
• Administer accurate holiday pay accrual records and support with processing holiday pay payments in line with the Working Time Regulations for Agency Workers.
• Processing of auto-enrolment pension arrangements and provision of information with the Pensions Administrator
• Completion of payroll/finance records and data in line with HMRC requirements and the Data Protection Act 2018,
• Support with preparation of internal and external billing on a weekly basis including producing journals and external invoices via our Finance System.
• Preparation of internal management data, supporting data for research claims and data for annual reporting.
• Higher level education certification or significant previous payroll demonstrable experience (CIPP or equivalent payroll qualification would be advantageous but not essential.)
• A minimum of one years’ experience of working in a PAYE payroll processing role
• Experience in using Sage 50 or similar payroll software, with practical working knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of Real Time HMRC guidelines and Pensions (auto enrolment)
• Experience of Temporary Agency Workers payroll and knowledge of Working Time Regulations Holiday Pay Processing advantageous.
• A high degree of numeracy, accuracy and with an aptitude for working methodically
• General finance administration experience advantageous including raising invoices
• Ability to understand and apply employment regulations/procedures in relation to payroll, including implementing statutory changes
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willingness to be flexible to support payroll deadlines as required and particularly during ad-aptitude peak periods
Further information can be secured by emailing the Senior Operations and Business Manager, Cheryl Dempsey – email@example.com
Closing Date: 24th May 2020