Purpose of the Role
As part of the ongoing growth of the Reach and Engagement Directorate, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering exceptional engagement activity that drives positive change.
Understanding the needs of the client, the audience and KTN, this role will use creative, written, negotiation and collaboration skills to deliver effective and impactful campaigns that target diverse audiences.
The role will work in partnership with colleagues and contractors in events and in other client facing roles, to ensure that campaign objectives are clear and that skill sets from across the organisation are used to generate maximum return on investment. Specialising in the Health, Trasnport and Infrastructure sectors.
The role will ensure that at each touchpoint with each client, audience or partner, we are contributing towards the creation of a network of innovators so powerful, its ideas will change the world.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with colleagues to design and deliver marketing campaigns that will achieve client and KTN objectives
- Capture and share stories of how KTN has engaged effectively to drive positive societal and sustainable change
- Be creative in delivering innovative campaigns, using a combination of consumer and business facing initiatives
- Collaborate across KTN, ensuring that cross-company skill sets are deployed and KTN strategy and values are key to every campaign
- Budget time and expenditure effectively, ensuring that project owners are aware of any changes to forecast or anticipated outcomes well in advance of project closure
- Set objectives for campaigns and measure success against objectives
- Reach and engage new audiences who will become part of KTN’s powerful network of innovators
- Ensure we capture knowledge about our audiences and use that knowledge to learn and improve how we reach and engage key partners, clients and businesses
These roles and responsibilities will scale and adapt according to the changing needs of the business and the innovation landscape in the UK.
- Marketing, business developing or communications campaigns experience
- A demonstrable track record of delivering brilliant execution to an exceptionally high standard.
- Proficiency of working across media, digital, experiential, PR, culture, social and with external agencies.
- Confident working within and across teams, influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working across multiple regions and demographics.
Skills and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent experience in marketing.
- Holistic skillset including key messaging, exceptional copywriting, astute brand and design awareness and project management.
- Able to excel when dealing with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, innovative and matrixed environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships with colleagues, clients and partners.
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of IT literacy.
- This role has a salary range of £27,000 to £31,000 pa dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
Currently, during this extended lockdown period, this position is based from home. After the extended lockdown period, the postholder may continue to be based from home, or in one of our offices (London, Edinburgh, Harwell).
UK travel will be expected.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K. without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.