Website Innovate UK KTN
Purpose of the Role
As part of the Reach and Engagement Directorate, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering exceptional engagement activity that drives positive change.
Understanding the needs of the client, the audience and Innovate UK KTN, this role will use creative, written, negotiation and collaboration skills to deliver effective and impactful campaigns that target diverse audiences.
The role will work in partnership with colleagues and contractors in events and in other client facing roles, to ensure that campaign objectives are clear and that skill sets from across the organisation are used to generate maximum return on investment.
The role will ensure that at each touchpoint with each client, audience or partner, we are contributing towards the creation of a network of innovators so powerful, its ideas will change the world.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with colleagues to design and deliver marketing campaigns that will attract diverse audiences and meet objectives of inspiring, involving and investing in innovators and innovation.
- Capture and share stories of how Innovate UK KTN has engaged effectively to drive positive societal and sustainable change.
- Be creative in delivering innovative campaigns, using a combination of public and business facing initiatives.
- Collaborate across Innovate UK KTN, ensuring that cross-company skill sets are deployed and Innovate UK KTN strategy and values are key to every campaign.
- Budget time and expenditure effectively, ensuring that project owners are aware of any changes to forecast or anticipated outcomes well in advance of project closure.
- Set objectives for campaigns and measure success against objectives.
- Reach and engage new audiences who will become part of Innovate UK KTN’s powerful network of innovators.
- Ensure we capture knowledge about our audiences and use that knowledge to learn and improve how we reach and engage key partners, clients and businesses.
- Marketing, business development and/or communications campaigns experience.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering brilliant execution to an exceptionally high standard.
- Proficiency of working across media, digital, experiential, PR, culture, social and with external agencies.
- Confident working within and across teams, influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working across multiple regions and demographics.
- Experience of leading or managing event engagement
- Holistic skillset including key messaging, exceptional copywriting, astute brand and design awareness and project management.
- Able to excel when dealing with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, innovative and matrixed environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships with colleagues, clients and partners.
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of IT literacy.
- This role has a salary of £32,100.
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Enhanced Pension Plan.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme.
This advert will close on Thursday 24th November at 5pm, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
Interviews will be held w/c 28th November.
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
The postholder will be home based or out of our London, Harwell or Edinburgh offices with frequent UK travel.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided. Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com.
Innovate UK KTN strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can all be ourselves. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of colour, LGBTQ+ community, women, disabled people, people of any age or family status. We know that diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to removing barriers for individuals with conditions, illnesses or disabilities and we will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, and in their future role.
If you would like to request any reasonable adjustment, for any part of the recruitment process (including application), please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit applications by 5pm, 24/11/2022