Our client is a leading UK driverless vehicle and mobility company expanding internationally and, on a mission, to find the very best people to be part of our success and join the driverless revolution that will disrupt and transform the world of transport. Due to year-on-year growth, they are recruiting an experienced Systems Engineer Lead.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer Lead with a background in self-driving vehicles and systems, you will be working on a Next Generation Lift-and-Shift Self-Driving Platform that may be integrated with any vehicle.
You will be working with our UK AV Lead and CTO to define, designing, architecting, and specify our self-driving solution to ensure we have a robust and safe engineered solution. You will get a chance to work with real vehicles running in Coventry for testing. You will work with other team members to solve and integrate work from 3 different continents (Europe, Australia, and Asia).
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Represent the company in technical discussions and presentations
- Capture and document system and business requirements
- Evolve and lead the system architectural definition, specification, design and implementation
- Provide AV know-how and technical leadership to the systems engineering team
- Working with the Technical Project Manager and Product Owner to define Sprint requirements and deadlines
- Liaise with an international development team to ensure delivery against the requirements and specifications
- Knowledge of Self-Driving Vehicles or Robotics
- Knowledge of automotive engineering best practices including 26262
- Proven experience in Systems Engineering (e.g UML, EA) and associated tool/processes
- Strong documentation and communication
- Technical team leadership
- Applying agile methodologies to deliver against V-model artifacts
- Working Independently
- Proven experience in presenting and representing organisations
Nice to have:
- Advanced Degree
- Can-do, positive, and pragmatic attitude.
- Inspire and motivate the team, as a genuine team player.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Do the little things that make a difference to our customers.
- Intelligence, listening and learning, with the ability to adapt to an environment where priorities evolve.
- Proactivity, energy, and enthusiasm with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working.
- Able to adjust approach and communication style in empathy with the audience, both in speaking and writing forms.
- Able to demonstrate courage and conviction to deliver better strategic outcomes
In return, you will get a great package that includes training, development, succession planning, a structured career path and a healthy bonus related to hitting key personal and company milestones.
If joining a growing cutting-edge technology organisation with great prospects in an emerging £billion sector and working with a brilliant, motivated team appeals to you, please apply with an up-to-date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectations.