Our client is a leading UK driverless vehicle and mobility company expanding internationally and, on a mission, to find the very best people to be part of our success and join the driver less revolution that will disrupt and transform the world of transport. Due to year-on-year growth they are recruiting an experienced Lead Software Engineer.
You will lead the team of experienced software engineers. You will take responsibility for designing and developing key aspects that form the backbone of our product portfolio. This includes development at different Technology Readiness Levels, writing functions to analyze data sets, develop prototype for pilots. You will support technical review and have a passion to design, develop and implement quality software solutions to be deployed at scale.
- Team Lead or relevant experience.
- In depth knowledge – Typescript, Node.JS (NestJS), Mongo DB, React, GraphQL
- Conceptual knowledge – Design patterns, Redis, AWS, Azure IoT Hub, Docker, Open API
- A proven record of leading a team (Review and track progress of junior team members) to deliver projects on time.
- Solve complicated technical problems across multiple platforms, applying best practices and standardized coding conventions for Quality assurance
- Working with the CTO and Project Manager, define Sprint requirements and deadlines.
- Develop prototypes and PoCs for trials.
- Generate detailed documentation including process flow and architecture diagrams
- Conceptual knowledge – Design patterns, Redis, AWS, Azure IoT Hub, Docker, OpenAPI
Nice to have:
- Mobile app development, specifically Flutter
- AWS S3, C# (Avalonia)
- Inspire and motivate the team, as a genuine team player.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Ability to adapt in an environment where priorities evolve.
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working.
- Able to adjust approach and communication style in empathy with the audience, both in speaking and writing forms.
- Able to demonstrate courage and conviction to deliver better strategic outcomes
In return, you will get a great package that includes training, development, succession planning, a structured career path and a healthy bonus related to hitting key personal and company milestones.
If joining a growing cutting-edge technology organisation with great prospects in an emerging £billion sector and working with a brilliant motivated team appeals to you, please apply with an up-to-date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectations.