In 2019, KTN embarked on an exciting six-year Global Alliance Africa aiming to strengthen a shared innovation ecosystem spanning South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria and the UK. The project aligns with the UK’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) objectives by forging strategic partnerships amongst innovation stakeholders to enable more effective knowledge transfer and collaboration for stronger local innovation and business environments, helping to achieve long-term ambitions in job creation, inclusive growth and poverty reduction.
The Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM) will be a key member of the high-performing Global Alliance Africa team accountable for the effective delivery of the Global Alliance Africa programme objectives in the UK and across the three partner countries of Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa.
- Work effectively with the Global Alliance Africa Project Manager and project team to plan, manage and deliver its programme against defined workplans, intervention mechanisms and targeted impacts.
- Take ownership of specific Global Alliance Africa intervention(s) and lead their timely and successful implementation to achieve demonstrable outcome.
- Actively support the Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria country teams in respective country delivery plans.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with the UK and international stakeholders.
- Contribute to timely delivery of Global Alliance Africa’s KPIs, reporting and CRM content.
- Uphold the value of KTN as the UK’s innovation network delivering national and KTN global innovation commitments.
- Travel regularly to meet with key stakeholders and partners in the UK and overseas as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering, science or business, with public sector or industrial working experience.
- In-depth understanding of the UK and Sub-Saharan Africa innovation landscape, with direct experience in innovation commercialisation, industrial application and/or international development.
- Strong team working experience in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder programme environment across different sectors and international cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrable experience in producing strategic and/or technical reports.
- Experience and aptitude in building engagements and maintaining partnerships with business and public-sector stakeholder at all levels, with a good professional profile and network.
- Experience working on international donor funded programmes desired.
Skills and Competencies
- A highly motivated, self-starting and results oriented individual with a strong desire to deliver socioeconomic impacts through equitable partnerships, innovation collaboration and social inclusion.
- An effective communicator comfortable to engage at all levels.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with an ability to engage across a range of technical disciplines and/or industrial sectors.
- Disciplined, reliable and adaptable, with effective time management to deliver autonomously.
- Ability to deliver effectively in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Willingness and ability to undertake regular domestic UK and international travel.
- High level of IT literacy and project management methodologies.
- This role has a salary between £42,000 and £48,000 pa.
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata.
- Enhanced Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
This advert will close on Wednesday 29th September 2021, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
This is a fixed term contract running until March 2025.
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your resumé outlining your experience.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K. without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Applications are to be received by the September 29, 2021