Purpose of the role
Demonstrable leadership in digital transport to define, deliver and/or support programmes of work to enable innovative digital transport solutions. Provide innovation support to companies working in sustainable transport and associated industries, driving knowledge transfer between the science base and industry, promoting networking and enabling innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of future strategy and work programmes for digital solutions to enable sustainable and transport.
- Identify and monitor trends and opportunities for innovation through interaction with business and the technology base.
- Ensure that industry is aware of the funding opportunities related to digital transport innovation.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for industry to meet with peers and potential collaborators through the organisation of workshops and meetings.
- Meet with companies, research institutions and universities, in the UK, to understand their R&D needs and innovation capabilities (face to face or online).
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with (often senior) external stakeholders, departments, forums, and groups active in related areas.
- Deliver and assist in the support of new funding streams related to industrial challenges including delivering collaboration events.
- Work with the Transport team and across Innovate UK KTN to understand the technology needs and opportunities for growth of UK industry and the scientific capabilities of the research base, facilitating the transfer of knowledge within and between these groups and the establishment of collaborations.
- Understand and facilitate access to innovation support mechanisms for businesses and to help develop funding and investment applications.
- Develop and lead cross-community activity within Innovate UK KTN to help build new supply chains to create value for UK businesses.
- Identify opportunities for, and develop, thought leadership pieces to help inform policy and strategy.
- The role will require regular UK travel including overnight at times and possibly some European or global travel.
- Degree educated with post-graduate and/or industrial experience in the application of digital transport applications.
- An understanding of the key application areas (e.g. Mobility as a Service, ticketing, multi-modal transport hubs, asset management, location services, Digital twins).
- Experience and understanding of the digital transport innovation landscape and current trends.
- Experienced in technology & product development within an industrial and/or academic environment.
- Ability to bring together stakeholders to deliver on a project or task.
- Writing proposals, reports and successful tender bids.
- Organisation, convening experts and delivering/chairing Working Groups, networking events, meetings.
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal skills, able to translate complex topics for a broad audience.
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- This role has a salary between £32,100 and £46,900 pa.
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Enhanced Pension Plan.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme.
This advert will close on Tuesday 19th April 2022, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
The postholder will be home based or out of our London, Harwell or Edinburgh Offices.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK. without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview. Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com.
Please submit applications by April 19, 2022