Purpose of the role
The roles works closely with the Executive and Senior Leadership teams to drive Innovate UK KTN’s People Plan and to lead on programmes of work across Innovate UK KTN to make it a great place to work. It manages the efficient and comprehensive delivery of HR operational services and Talent Development Programme.
The position manages and develops a team of 5 direct reports; 2 HR Partners, a Talent Partner, a Talent Development Assistant and HR Assistant.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead on the development, implementation and monitoring of a creative and progressive Innovate UK KTN Talent Strategy aligned with the overall Innovate UK KTN vision, values and business strategy with the aim of making Innovate UK KTN a great place to work
- Ensure that quality people are at the heart of everything we do at Innovate UK KTN through excellent approaches to recruitment and retention; talent management and people development; reward and recognition and staff engagement in alignment with Innovate UK KTN’s vision and values
- Manage, inspire and develop the HR team to deliver a proactive, vibrant, efficient and effective service
- Work closely with the Executive team and Communications Directorate to inform, action and deliver continuous improvement in staff engagement, satisfaction, and effectiveness
- Monitor and continuously improve the diversity of Innovate UK KTN’s staff and its performance as an inclusive employer
- Utilise qualitative and quantitative data in order to inform key business and talent decisions
- Develop and roll out our performance management plan ensuring it enhances Innovate UK KTN capabilities and results in effective engagement with our purpose and effective delivery of the strategic plan
- Ensure our people policies and procedures are up to date, aligned with business need, Innovate UK KTN values and in line with current legislation
- Ensure that we are compliant with UK employment law and good practice
- Experience in driving key programmes and processes (performance management cycles, calibration facilitation, compensation planning, executive coaching, employee relations/conflict resolution, organisational design)
- Significant talent management experience
- Experience of developing and managing a high performing HR and L&D team in a relevant professional environment
- Systems and data literate with experience of establishing effective people metrics and reporting
- Experience as a Business Partner and expert practitioner on one or more relevant disciplines
- Experienced and effective facilitator of meetings at all levels
- Experience leading significant programmes of change
- Ideally MCIPD Level 7 or FCIPD with up to date knowledge of employment law
- Strong business orientation and alignment with company values
- People orientated and with excellent coaching and facilitation skills
- Numerate and analytic in approach with experience of preparing and presenting business cases for Executive meetings
- Excellent active listening and negotiation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships with all stakeholders – internally and externally
- High level organisational skills
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Ability and motivation to deliver agreed targets
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and persuasively across multi disciplinary teams and stakeholders, explaining complicated matters simply
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to look continuously for opportunities for improvement and to develop strategies for change to influence and shape the future direction of the business
- Proficient in Office software
- This role has a salary between £60,000 to £70,000 pa depending on experience.
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Enhanced Pension Plan.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme.
This advert will close on Tuesday 19th April 2022 though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
This role is based in Harwell, Oxfordshire, with regular homeworking. Regular UK travel to our offices in London and Edinburgh will be expected.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided. Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com.
Please submit applications by April 19, 2022