As part of our motivated and international TDS (Tools, Drivers and Sample Code) team you will help to develop a web-based desktop application that is used in combination with u-blox positioning products, such as GNSS receivers. As a QA engineer with a strong background in testing and a focus on quality, you will take the lead in improving and maintaining quality by helping to develop quality guidelines, drive the automatization of testing, and doing manual testing this tool. As quality is a team responsibility, you will help to transfer your knowledge to other developers and support them with your testing experience. At a later point in time you might also be driving the same improvements in our Android and Windows driver or other support products.
- Drive and participate in:
- The creation of a test strategy for our support products
- Improving the quality in our support products within the team
- Automating of testing (UI, backend, API, unit tests)
- Manually analyze bugs reported by application engineering, debug problems and provide workarounds.
- Contribute to improving the functionality, usability, architecture and quality of the software.
- Communicate and align actively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome.
- A professional QA engineer who embraces change and collaborates well with both technical and business people
- Willingness to learn what customers do in order to focus on the quality aspects most important to customers
- Strong all-rounder background in testing and background in software development
- Pleasure and persistence in finding new ways to detect bugs and break functionality
- Frameworks such as Cypress or Selenium
- Google Test
- Scripting languages (ideally Python and Groovy)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Used to working independently.
- Flexible team player with the ability and motivation to work as part of a small team.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel occasionally (Mostly Switzerland/Finland).
- University degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Interest in:
- Taking on a role in the software development of the support tools given the necessary background and interest
- Programming language and tools knowledge: