Purpose of the role
This role is required to support the CEO and Executive Team in making effective decisions, and positioning KTN positively in meetings and events – both internally and externally.
The post holder will work closely with the CEO and Executive Team to oversee, coordinate and prioritise actions arising from Board meetings, Executive meetings, internal meetings and external engagements.
Through gathering relevant information and input from across and outside the organisation,
the post holder will ensure that the CEO and Executive Team is well prepared and supported for key meetings and events, increasing recognition of KTN as trusted experts and creating even more value for those we work with.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the CEO and Executive Team to help them track strategic priorities and ensure that actions are progressed.
- Prepare for efficient and effective meetings of the Executive Team and the CEO.
- Work with the CEO and Company Secretary to prepare efficient and effective meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Prioritise and drive execution of deliverables and actions arising from relevant strategic meetings – both internally and externally.
- Attend meetings with the CEO where appropriate, supporting in ensuring any follow-up is actioned.
- Assist in providing information and insight to help inform and coordinate any strategic decision making at Executive level.
- Work across the business to ensure that decision-making and direction setting is inclusive and diverse.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to ensure that they are on track and are evidencing success across key commitments.
- Work with Head of Stakeholder Relationships to ensure that relationships with strategic partners are being prioritised and effectively managed across the Executive team
- Prepare high quality briefings for the CEO before key external meetings
- Work with the communications team to draft speeches, blogs, articles and white papers for internal and external audiences
- An understanding of the research, development and innovation landscape
- Excellent relationship management experience and diplomacy skills
- Extensive project management experience, with an operational and technical mindset
- Experience in leading, influencing change and managing relationships from executive to junior members
- Experience in understanding and driving strategic change priorities
- Experience of working with senior executives and ability to make a good business case and convince people to help you execute.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic thinking and problem analysis with organisational skills and intelligence
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships
- Ability to spot opportunities for improvement
- Ability to develop strategies for positive change that could help shape the future direction of the business
- Strong leadership capability with an ability to effectively lead, support and motivate a team working in a complex and challenging environment
- Team player with excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively
- Determined to manage time effectively
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries and at all levels
- Ability and confidence to make sound judgments, drawing on relevant sources of information
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of IT literacy
- This role has a salary between £40,000 and £50,000 pa.
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for the year and if part time.
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
This advert will close on Wednesday 11th August 2021, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
Currently, during this extended lockdown period, this position is based from home. After the extended lockdown period, the postholder will be home based or out of our London, Harwell or Edinburgh offices.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K. without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Applications are to be received by the August 11, 2021