Website Conigital Group
The essence of this role
Reporting to the CTO, you will carry out agreed operational procedures, including network configuration, installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure for SaaS products. You will support technical review and have a passion to design, develop and implement digital solutions to be deployed at scale. Within this role you will be expected to serve 2nd/3rd line IT functions and support R&D project at the infrastructure level in the areas of IoT, Big Data, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the IT administrator is to build and deliver IT infrastructure working closely with Software Development teams, in a genuine DevSecOps environment.
The responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer are as follows:
- Developing, planning and implementing release management to support continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Monitoring and managing appropriate access levels to various environments, ensuring a restrictive security model for access to the environments
- Build prototypes and pilots to prove concepts.
- Control and monitor the application lifecycle of software-based platform and products (e.g., Controlling gated release mechanism)
- Solve technical problems across multiple technologies, developing new methods if required.
- Contribute to a diverse range of assignments for both internal and external clients, including bidding for new work.
- Contribute and manage knowledge sharing within the company and across related communities.
- use network management tools to collect and report on network load and performance statistics.
- Contribute to the implementation of maintenance and installation work.
- Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined system backups, restoring data where necessary.
- Identify operational problems and contributes to their resolution.
- Support full product development life cycle of web-based services.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable orchestration procedures.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Document and maintain IT infrastructure functionality by implementing health monitoring and alerting; ensuring health alerts are managed and dealt with
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing tools and systems.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Source, setup and own systems to improve productivity in software development and AI
- Support the creation and operation of API gateways, proxy server and similar components of the architecture, which are classed as ‘high-availability’
- 2+ years of experience in Azure is essential
- Strong background in Windows/Linux/Unix Administration (ideally via ADAM, Active Directory, LDAP, ADFS)
- Strong experience with SQL and MSSQL/MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef,Ansible, SaltStack, Power Shell, Terraform or equivalent (ideally, blending with software development practices like version control, along the lines of IaaC, etc.) along with containers (docker) and container management (e.g., via Kubernetes)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (e.g., Azure, AWS, BlueMix, Holmes etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service (ideally, ITIL certified) including monitoring tools like Kibana, Grafana, PowerBI or equivalent
- Knowledge of Windows enterprise ecosystem (office 365, sharepoint, power BI, TFS, etc.), Servers, Networking, HyperV/ VMWare
- Qualification in Computer Science (or equivalent) to degree or masters level.
- Written and verbal communication to present complex concepts to multi-disciplinary teams.
- Container technology, Kubernetes, big data stack, open stack, elastic search
- Familiarity with continuous integration / deployment tools
- Familiarity with agile tools e.g., JIRA, TFS, etc…
- Experienced in Python and general application programming
- Working knowledge of web service interfaces.
- Extensive experience of different operating systems.
- Experience of working with configuration management tools.
- Extensive knowledge of software build cycles
- Experience deploying code
- Experience in software architecture and system design
- Database management
- Exposure to techniques of Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence, applied to real-world challenges, e.g., predicting maintenance of aircraft and parts
- Exposure to Data Science or Data Analysis techniques, e.g., create dashboards from real-time data and evidence-based recommendations
- Exposure to IoT technology, e.g., create gateway and correction of measurements from environmental sensors
- Exposure to GIS tools & methods, e.g. estimate the overall journey time and travel distance of a bus
- Exposure to DevOps practices, e.g., create container-based apps
- Technical coaching
- Certifications in related areas e.g., ITIL, GDPR, TOGAF, etc…
- Experience with/Knowledge of team collaboration and communication tools like JIRA, Slack, Azure DevOps, TFS, VSTS
- Can-do, positive attitude.
- Intelligence, listening and learning.
- Proactivity, energy, enthusiasm.
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working.
- Strong technical skills linked to business acumen.
- Able to command a high-profile presence both internally and externally.
- Able to adjust approach and communication style in empathy with the audience.
- Able to demonstrate courage and conviction to deliver better strategic outcomes
They offer a great package that includes training, development, succession planning, a structured career path to grow and a healthy bonus and share options related to hitting key personal and company milestones.
If joining a growing cutting-edge technology organisation with great prospects in an emerging £billion sector and working with a brilliant motivated team appeals to you, get in touch with us now.
The right candidate will be asked to start immediately.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com