Purpose of the role
KTN’s 5-year strategy is to build new strategic partnerships to extend our networks and to create more value for those we already work with.
We will work with more public and private sector clients to extend our reach and our ability to drive connections to support our businesses, establishing KTN as partner of choice for delivering change through innovation. Our business goal is to build our company reserves over five years to be a more resilient organisation.
This role requires an experienced bid writer with a strong track record in securing new Government contracts through competitive tendering, including frameworks, for public sector service contracts at a national, regional and international level. In addition to producing high quality, engaging proposals the role will contribute across the organisation to develop sector and competitor insight and support work to raise the profile of KTN as a quality service delivery partner with potential clients and collaborators.
Understanding client needs and markets, the role requires the ability and understanding to work through the tender process and be comfortable balancing time between hands on bid writing and developing and implementing strategies to identify, prepare for and secure new contracts.
The role will work closely with KTN’s business development managers and the Head of Investment & Business Development as well as with teams across the whole business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Increase income through the acquisition of public sector and private contracts. Responsibility for the bid/tendering process, reviewing regularly and reporting back to the Head of Investment & Business Development
- Work across the business and identify relevant bid/tender opportunities through electronic procurement portals, websites, networking, and other activities
- Write professional, comprehensive, high-quality and compelling bid/tender responses to successfully achieve income targets and to support delivery of the Company Plan. Manage the bid process and associate virtual bid team through to submission
- Lead on the development of existing KTN products and services into new monetizable activity for a wide range of clients
- Contribute to and manage a library of stock material for future bid/tenders
- Engage with partners, stakeholders, client and potential collaborators to raise awareness and seek opportunities for income streams
- Provide monthly updates/reports to the business on all bid/tender activities
- Seek and collate feedback and evaluations for all bids/tenders submitted and apply learning for future bids
- A-Level or equivalent (required)
- A relevant degree or relevant industry experience within a business development context
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in successful bid writing and management of competitive tenders for public sector procurement including frameworks, DPS and other systems.
- A track record of developing new products/services for business development, within complex organisations
- Commercial, private sector experience of business development
- Project management experience.
- Strong written and editorial skills, with the ability to write compelling bids and propositions.
- A high attention to detail with an excellent writing, editing and proofing ability.
- Numerically literate, able to check financial and legal requirements and information
- A professional, credible and confident communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Research, analytical, and project management skills.
- Good business acumen with the ability to quickly learn complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, pictures and/or in digital form.
- Ability to think creatively.
- A highly organised individual with drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment.
- High level of IT literacy.
- This role has a salary between £38,400 and £50,000 pa.
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for the year and if part time.
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
This advert will close on Wednesday 11th August 2021, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
Currently, during this extended lockdown period, this position is based from home. After the extended lockdown period, the postholder will be home based or out of our London, Harwell or Edinburgh offices.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K. without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Applications are to be received by the August 11, 2021