Website West Midlands Combined Authority
You will primarily develop systems and services to support the front-end development of wireframes and journeys supplied by UX/UI designers. This will mainly involve pulling in various data sources and converting them to APIs for use on the front-end of our website and services.
You will also analyse existing services: making services accessible to meet regulations or troubleshooting and fixing technical bugs.
Designers may come to you for advice on the technical feasibility of their designs. You will push boundaries to create excellent services that exceed expectations.
You will bring your expertise to the table and help upskill other team members. You will be able to challenge and improve team processes – we’re open-minded.
- Support the development team with back-end development of web-based platforms.
- Work closely with other back-end developers in the organisation to understand existing systems
- Defining, implementing and monitoring best practice for the delivery of solutions
- Provide technical feasibility guidance throughout sprints
- Analysis, design, development and testing using languages such as C#, web development and object orientated development
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Create and maintain technical documentation for code that has been written
- Explain, discuss, and justify development decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Able to help fix bugs/issues following agreed procedures
- Optimise application(s) for maximum speed and scalability