NOTICE: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, please check with the event organiser to confirm any changes to scheduling. Please click here to see the UK Government's response and guidance to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Transport Innovation Expo
October 7 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm| Free
Join this event on Thursday 7th October to celebrate early-stage innovation in the transport sector.
We are delighted to be hosting our first Transport Innovation Expo that showcases the best innovations arising from the DfT-supported TRIG Programme. From de-carbonisation to drone technology, innovation across the UK is seeing unprecedented advancements across the transport sector. As leaders in the transport ecosystem, both the Connected Places Catapult and the Department for Transport are deeply committed to championing new and beneficial technological developments, which is why we are proud to recognise and celebrate the best of the UK’s transport innovators, academics and entrepreneurs at our first Transport Innovation Expo. The Transport Innovation Expo will bring together transport leaders, innovators and SMEs to showcase the power of collaboration through facilitated conversations around current sector challenges, demonstrations of novel solutions and discussions about new strategies for growth.
The Expo will:
- Showcase the impact collaboration has on accelerating research and innovation and how transport R&D has the power to create gateways into the market and seed regional economic growth
- Celebrate DfT and Connected Places Catapult’s Transport Research and Innovation Grant (TRIG) programme
- Hear from different actors in the innovation ecosystem about their challenges and the opportunities they see and seek out industry solutions to connect, spark and accelerate innovation
- Help SMEs, academics and other innovators understand the next steps in their innovation journeys and provide opportunities to make connections with partners who will help them take those steps
- Help bridge the gap between innovation and procurement by raising awareness of upcoming innovation and procurement opportunities
- Facilitate conversations around transport innovation and its role in delivering both Connected Places Catapult’s and DfT’s priorities, between innovators, funders, and solution procurers.