NOTICE: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, please check with the event organiser to confirm any changes to scheduling. Please click here to see the UK Government's response and guidance to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 – Series 2
December 6, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
Join us and The 1851 Royal Commission on Monday 6 December to discover how to complete an Industry-Based PhD after your KTP. With applications currently open, this webinar will give you all the need to take your expertise into industry.
The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 awards Industrial Fellowships up to £100,000 to the UK’s most talented early career researchers.
Benefits of the Fellowship include:
- Funding for 50% of the Fellow’s salary (up to £25K) for the three years of the Fellowship
- University fees paid up to normal levels for UK students
- Travel allowance of £3,500 p.a.
Industrial Fellowships are awarded to graduates who have the potential to make an outstanding contribution to an industry; for research supported by a company, leading to a patent, product or process improvement and a postgraduate award.
Applicants can pursue a PhD while working, allowing companies to conduct innovative research that furthers their business objectives, and accelerates the creation of IP.
Note: The scheme is not restricted to KTP Associates but the webinar will be tailored for this audience.
Benefits of attending
- Learn more about the 1851 Royal Commission Industrial Fellowships Award and how it encourages profitable innovation and creativity in the British industry
- The webinar is targeted at KTP Associates approaching the end of their projects, with the aim to provide information about the scheme and to answer questions from Associates, Universities and companies
Who should attend?
KTP Associates, University and University leads who have an interest in submitting an application for the scheme.
The deadline for applications is 10 February 2022. Interviews will be held on 29th March 2021 with Fellowships commencing in October 2021. We recommend that potential applicants read the scheme details ahead of the webinar and discuss potential applications.
Scheme details can be found here.
- Welcome and Explanation of KTP – Industrial Fellowship Context
- Introduction to The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
- Scope and Background to Industrial Fellowships
- Stephen McComb, Knowledge Transfer Adviser | KTN
- Helen Harris, Fellowship Programme Manager | 1851 Royal Commission
- Nigel Williams, Secretary | 1851 Royal Commission