NOTICE: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, please check with the event organiser to confirm any changes to scheduling. Please click here to see the UK Government's response and guidance to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
TFI Small CR&D Competition Briefing
August 17, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm| Free
Find out about the new Transforming Foundation Industries Small Scale Research and Development programme at our competition briefing.
Join Innovate UK and KTN for details of the new Transforming Foundation Industries Small Scale Research and Development programme. Projects must focus on resource or energy efficiency in the foundation industries, and applicants can be from the foundation industries or their immediate supply chains.
The funding is worth up to £1.5m, and can fund projects with total eligible costs of £25 – £250k. An aim of this competition is to encourage companies wishing to undertake smaller projects to apply for Innovate grant funding, perhaps for the first time. There are two competition streams:
- Stream 1 (£25k – £75k) | Must be led by a SME, does not have to be collaborative
- Stream 2 (£75k – £250k) | Can be led by any sized company, as long as there is a SME partner. It does have to be collaborative
Projects do not need to be cross-sector, but should be able to demonstrate that the findings could be adapted to other sectors in the future. Universities and RTOs can act as a collaborator and claim up to 30% of the costs, but cannot lead a project. To make it further attractive to first time applicants, there will be a simplified application process for Stream 1 projects. The event will include an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions in more detail
- Network online and find partners for the competition
- Speak with and Innovate UK online for a 1:1 discussion about your project ideas