NOTICE: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, please check with the event organiser to confirm any changes to scheduling. Please click here to see the UK Government's response and guidance to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
ISCF Manufacturing Made Smarter Smart Factory and Digital Supply Chain Innovation Hubs Concepts & Collaboration Building Workshop
December 1, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm| Free
The two planned Hubs, Smart Factory Innovation Hub and Digital Supply Chain Innovation Hub, will be grant funded at £20m and £10m respectively, and will be tasked with bringing in further co-investment from industry.
This programme is a core part in our strategy to create a connected ecosystem harnessing the power of the UK’s leading manufacturing companies, technology developers, start-ups and spinouts, and our world-leading research institutions; increasing the number of collaborations up the value chain.
- Some background on the development of the Innovation Hub scope and the reasons for these specifications
- Insights from a study by an IfM review of international IDT testbed, living lab and other test and demonstration environments. This will include a look at their areas of application, objectives, functions and outcomes with a view to extracting potential design principles, ‘business models’, and lessons learned, which might inform the development of UK MMS Innovation Hubs.
- Presentations from pilot projects undertaken to test out ideas for using and developing test beds. This will include an overview of Smart Factory test beds designed, developed and made available for external use by the HVM Catapult; and presentations on two digital supply chain test beds being developed for use when the Digital Supply Chain Innovation Hub is up and running.
- The grant funding is available to cover:
- overall management of the hub
- setting up test beds, living labs and other types of development environments
- funding projects using hub facilities and accessing capabilities identified by the hub
Who should apply?
- Applications for this competition are welcomed from single applicants and collaborations from UK registered organisations of any size from the following categories:
- research organisation
- research and technology organisation (RTO)
- public sector organisation