NOTICE: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, please check with the event organiser to confirm any changes to scheduling. Please click here to see the UK Government's response and guidance to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Intelligent Mobility Accelerator Demo Day
November 30 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm| Free
From simplifying assisted travel to making riders safer on the roads, the nine SMEs of the Intelligent Mobility Accelerator are disrupting the UK transport industry.
Join the Intelligent Mobility Demo Day, a celebration of the 6-month accelerator programme where you will be able to meet the latest transport innovators and network with our partners, key industry players, investors and founders in the mobility ecosystem.
About the Accelerator
The Intelligent Mobility Accelerator is a programme designed by Connected Places Catapult and Wayra UK and is the first British initiative to successfully bring together government, industry and start-ups to define the future of smart transport. It supports disruptive start-ups to enter the UK transport industry, helping them grow into world-leading companies. The programme is delivered in partnership with Department for Transport, Network Rail, Transport for London, Amey and Virgin Media O2.
The programme to date has raised $260M+; involved 44 SMEs; completed 31 commercial trials and 72% of companies developed international operations. To learn more about the Intelligent Mobility Accelerator click here
14:00 Welcome & Pitches
15:00 Open networking
15:30 1-2-1 meeting
17:00 Networking Drinks
Canapés and drinks will be provided. *Please put down your dietary preferences on the signup form.
Event will be filmed and recorded by the organisers for marketing and business purposes.
About the Cohort
Nine successful SMEs were accepted onto the six-month programme to work alongside the partners to disrupt the UK transport industry. They are:
• Esoterix – Helping passengers choose the right train for a comfortable onboard experience.
• Everimpact – An IoT software that combines satellite, ground sensors and AI data to establish the carbon footprint of cities and businesses.
• Go Jauntly – A walking, wayfinding and nature connection app to increase everyday walking, active travel and improve nature connectedness.
• Hello Lamp Post – An innovative communications and engagement platform connecting people to their town or city using AI.
• Innovation Factory – Acoustic and vision AI algorithms for safety, security and comfort.
• Pluvo – Actively monitoring and removing airborne pollutants from the built environment at scale, helping create healthier and safer spaces for us all.
• See.Sense – Technology to make riders safer on the roads and generate the data that cities need to build better transport infrastructure for sustainable travel.
• Ride Tandem – Adapting transport technology for towns and small cities, starting with shared shuttles to get people to work.
• Transreport – Providing a software which improves the journey experience for millions of passengers, regardless of their accessibility requirements.
Wayra is Telefónica’s Open Innovation Hub, connecting Telefónica and technological disruptors around the world to generate joint business and growth opportunities.
Wayra generates faster results between start-ups and corporates by applying our decade of experience in Open Innovation to identify and define key corporate business needs and scout the best companies with the solutions to solve their specific challenges.