NOTICE: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, please check with the event organiser to confirm any changes to scheduling. Please click here to see the UK Government's response and guidance to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Highways England Innovation Showcase
July 7, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm| Free
Highways England Innovation Showcase: Digital Roads and Air Quality
Join KTN for an event showcasing 15 projects funded by Highways England via Innovate UK, delivered under the “Connecting the Country” strategy.
You’ll hear from the projects and their sponsors at Highways England; all have completed or are near completion and were successful in an SBRI competition looking at six areas:
- Construction and Maintenance
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
- Energy and Environment
- Air Quality
If you are interested in any of the six technical areas, are a potential developer, customer or investor or if you are involved with a Local Authority, join this showcase event.
In addition there will be two keynote addresses from Highways England about future vision and strategy, along with the needs that this competition fulfilled.
Signing up for this event gives you access to all of the sessions running across the day (see agenda below) – these sessions are all optional and you can select which ones you wish to attend on the day. You can access these via the event platform, as well as network with other delegates via 1:1 video chat and direct messaging.
Design, CAV, Mobility, Operations
- 10:00 – Introductions | Karla Jakeman, Innovate UK; Rob Furlong, KTN; Hannah Fortune, Highways England
- 10:15 – Keynote: The Purpose Behind the Competition and the Outcome | John Clough, Head of Designated Funds and Annette Pass, Head of Innovation, Highways England
- 10:30 – Project Updates: Design, CAV, Mobility, Operations
- 11:15 – Panel/Discussion Forum
- 12:00 – Close
Energy and Environment, Air Quality
- 13:00 – Keynote: Where we are going next – Highways England’s Vision – Vinita Hill | Designated Funds Director and Paul Doney, Director of Innovation and Continuous Improvement, Highways England
- 13:15 – Project Updates: Energy and Environment & Air Quality
- 14:30 – Panel/Discussion Forum
- 15:15 – Closing Remarks
- 15:30 – Close
- 15:30 – Your chance to network with the projects that were funded through the SBRI Competition, and other delegates.