NOTICE: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, please check with the event organiser to confirm any changes to scheduling. Please click here to see the UK Government's response and guidance to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
This event has passed.
Deep learning for materials development and additive manufacturing
February 23, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm| Free
ABOUT THE EVENT
What you will learn:
- Typical data analysis challenges for advanced materials (alloys, composites, ceramics), and AM – what constrains machine learning methods?
- How you can use Alchemite deep learning to gap-fill data and build models, enabling more effective characterization of materials
- How deep learning has been successfully used to design experiments and in computational design of alloys
- How you can monitor and optimise process parameters to ensure quality
- How these approaches are being applied in an aerospace AM project
Gareth Conduit (CTO at Intellegens)
Ian Brookes (Technical Fellow at AMRC North West)