NOTICE: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, please check with the event organiser to confirm any changes to scheduling. Please click here to see the UK Government's response and guidance to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
CE|IN – Transforming industrial waste gases into value added chemicals
July 27, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
CE|IN – Transforming industrial waste gases (CO & CO2) into value added chemicals: Community Workshops
In April 2022, Innovate UK KTN launched the Circular Economy Innovation Network (CE|IN) which aims to create stronger, more collaborative, and resilient industries that work together to achieve net zero through circular innovation. Within the CE|IN network, we are building a challenge community focusing on Transforming industrial waste gases (CO & CO2) into value added chemicals.
The UK chemical industries have a pivotal role in achieving net zero and a circular economy and as we look towards building global resilience and competitiveness, we must find ways of establishing UK manufacturing supply chains that produce products without having a negative impact on our environment. Through the Carbon Capture and Utilisation (CCU) of industrial waste gases to chemicals we can produce higher-value, low carbon products and reduce our reliance on virgin carbon feedstocks.
Our aim is to bring the community and supply chain together, so we can collaborate and help create a Circular Innovation Action Plan and community challenges. These workshops will bring together leading innovators, academics, and industrialists from across the value chain, with representatives from emitters to end users to develop clear messages, actions and community challenges that will accelerate innovation in this important area.
We have two online workshops (27th July, 6th Sept) that will run from 9:30am-12:30pm, with a further online networking opportunity via the Meeting Mojo platform running between 1:30pm – 4:30pm on the same days.
Who are these workshops for?
- Industrial manufacturers and end users of chemicals throughout the supply chain
- Technology providers for
- Carbon Capture
- the transformation of CO/CO2 to chemicals
- CO/CO2 emitters
- Policy holders
- Academics and research organisation with potential solutions to the challenges around CCU to chemicals
What to expect at each workshop?
- An overview of the Circular Economy Innovation Network and the Carbon Capture Utilisation of industrial waste gases (CO/CO2) to Chemicals activities
- Presentations from key stakeholders
- Workshop session to develop clear messages, actions and community challenges that will accelerate innovation in this important area.
Why attend these workshops?
- Influence the activities and the direction of the Circular Economy Innovation Network –Transforming waste gases (CO & CO2) into value added chemicals Group
- Be part of a community and develop the communities action plan
- Network with individuals with a common interest
- Opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders who drive innovation in this important area
- 27th July – Industrial waste gases (CO/CO2) to value added chemicals: Community Action Plan Development
CCU to Chemicals workshop for the entire supply chain, to aid in the development of a community action plan, covering
- Transforming waste gases (CO & CO2) into value added chemicals circular economy vision & ambition
- Barriers & EnablersTechnological/ Technical
- Regulation, Policy, Standards
- Market Economics
- Knowledge Capture
- Resource Capacity
- Behaviour Change
- 6th September – Industrial waste gases(CO/CO2) to value added chemicals: Action Plan Refinement & Challenge ideation
A workshop for the entire supply chain to validate and refine the community action plan for transforming industrial waste gases (CO & CO2) into value added chemicals and ideation of collaborative community challenges. Enabling the community to have a clear message around the actions and community challenges that will accelerate innovation in this important area.