NOTICE: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, please check with the event organiser to confirm any changes to scheduling. Please click here to see the UK Government's response and guidance to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
“12 weeks : 12 months” – Surviving then succeeding
May 20 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm| Free
About the event
This webinar is an important toolkit for business-owners/directors to survive the next 12 weeks as lockdown eases. It will provide a route map for success over the coming 12 months. The webinar agenda has been designed to run chronologically, from preparing to welcome employees back into the workplace, employment and contractual issues, through to funding and building value in a business.
Topics discussed include:
Emerging from lockdown – managing the risks
- Risk management issues employers may need to consider as we emerge from lockdown.
Employment law and life after lockdown
- Post furlough and the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Reorganisation, restructure and redundancyavoiding statutory claims of automatic unfair dismissal arising from issues of social distancing
Impact of COVID-19 on business valuations
- Valuations before, during and post-Corona
- Isolating the Corona effect
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Trends in multiples and value drivers
Corporate and contractual considerations
- Contract issues (force majeure, frustration)
- Raising funds through share allotments
- M&A issues arising from the Coronavirus pandemic
Market update – Investment and M&A – today’s realities – debt, equity funding, and company sales
- The “word on the street”
- Debt and equity funding
- Prognosis for M&A – hot spots for activity and strategic buyers
- Is it too early to reset exit plans?