Original Article by Catapult Connected Places, to view please click here
Connected Places Catapult is pleased to announce the successful completion of GALILEO 4 MOBILITY (G4M).
G4M is a pan European project launched under the Horozion-2020 programme to exploit GALILEO global navigation satellite system (GNSS) built by the European Union (EU) through the European Space Agency (ESA) and the European GNSS Agency (GSA).
G4M aims at supporting the introduction of GALILEO high-precision positioning technology within the Mobility as Service (MaaS) sector across Europe. This was delivered through five pilot demonstrators of shared mobility services in three European cities including Paris and Thessaloniki.
One of the key challenges was to analyse and understand the large volumes of geolocation data generated from the users and vehicles. Connected Places Catapult coordinated the Data Management Plan, Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics by:
- Exploring the data landscape and data sources
- Defining how to handle data from the pilots
- Identifying the type of data that will be recorded, processed/or generated and the meta data information
- Outlining the methodology and standards to be applied
- Identifying all the data to be shared publicly and how
- Defining and determining how geolocation data from the pilots can be interpreted to provide relevant metrics that support MaaS services exploitation and urban/rural mobility planning
- Developing methods based on data mining, Machine Learning to assess the usefulness of the pilots’ service operations and to generate insights that could improve both the MaaS service planning and operations
To find out more about G4M project visit: http://www.galileo4mobility.eu
ICAV Cluster is Smart City and CAV news aggregator. To add your Smart City or CAV related news, please email our editorial team on firstname.lastname@example.org